Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday...meh!

Thank you so much for the kind words of support and encouragement in the comments of yesterday's blog post. They really helped lift me out of the funk I was in! And...it gave me the push I needed to dive under my bed (literally and figuratively) and tackle those boxes.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised that were fewer boxes than I remembered :) Tonight I was able to merge the contents of two boxes into one. The next step is to remove all the pictures from the frames and sort them into some semblance of order. I filled a small tub with random paper stuff that will go into the recycle bin as soon as I finish this post. I am claiming said tub of stuff as one of my purge items tonight!

Back in the day when I was a fanatic avid garage saler, I collected a lot of different stuff. I especially liked pansies (still do) and anything with a shabby chic or vintage feel to it. Doilies, yes like your grandmother made and put on the arms of her sofa, were (still are) one of my favorite things to look for at garage  and estate sales. At one point I am sure I had more doilies than a sofa store could use! And, I think there are doilies lurking in the recesses of my garage ( my summer purge). The point of all this is that in my quest under the bed I found some doilies, and they brought back memories, and I clutched them a little tighter as the thought of parting with them increased my angst. But, I am a logical person ( in some instances) and I am focused when the result of being unfocused is guilt and the only other option. I am really hard on myself about really dumb stuff. Maybe that will change over the course of the project. Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, the logic thing. I acknowledged that they had been under my bed for 5 1/2 years...obviously I didn't love them that much.

I guess the point I am trying to make is: if it has been under the bed for 5 1/2 years and it's not pictures, jewelry, guns, you get the idea, it can go bye bye! Maybe I'll come up with a set of questions to ask myself every time I am conflicted about a purge.

Alright, enough drivel! On to the stuff :)

1) A small pink and off white round doily. It has a few small rust stains.

2) A round purple and off white doily. The off white parts curl in a spiral. It's very cool and pretty.

3) A gorgeous round rich dark cream/light brown doily. I cannot describe the color, but it screams vintage,antique. The needlework is beautiful!

4) A round cream and mint green doily. It is a very lacy, spidery pattern. It has some light stains in various places on the cream part.

5) A hand-painted decorative pansy plate. Very pretty, but I have enough pansy stuff.

Remember! If you see something you can't live without, shoot me an email at penelopesamuel@gmail.com. Thanks for reading my blog, and supporting my endeavor. I appreciate it very much!!



No comments:

Post a Comment