and I ain't got nobody
I've got some money 'cause I just got paid
Now, how I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way
Not really, but sometimes a song gets stuck in my head or a phrase like the title of today's post will jar my memory and then I have to find the song, artist, lyrics, etc.
Today was a busy day, and I just got home from a baby shower! It was great fun, and the guest of honor is a dear friend of mine whom I love very much. The highlight of the shower was the game where a team of three people have to "diaper" one of the team using only a roll of toilet paper...the diaper must be functional as well as fashionable. Always up for a good laugh, I volunteered to be diapered. All the team's diapers were looking pretty much the same, so I suggested we add suspenders to ours. Oh, and we had a time limit of 5 minutes to construct this marvel of engineering! After the time was up we had to come out one at a time and dance in our diaper :) The mother-to-be was the judge. It was so close, a tie in fact, that it had to be settled with a coin toss...I lost, but I had fun!!
I am still working on my dresser drawers and moved onto drawer number two tonight -- socks and underwear. I have a lot of socks with holes in the toe, and I have a lot of underwear. It was more than my cake saturated brain could handle, so I went for the tights and a couple of random t-shirts. I plan to mend the socks, and the underwear will have to wait...possibly a long wait.
So, as you've probably already surmised, I am getting rid of t-shirts and tights.
Without further I do, may I present six items Penney no longer needs/wants:
1) A ladies medium teal t-shirt from our library's summer reading program for teens. It says "Own the Night" I only wore it on the days I volunteered, so I definitely don't need to keep it around.
2) A ladies medium yellow t-shirt from our library's summer reading program for kids. It says Dream Big, Read! Again, it was only worn on the days I volunteered, so I don't need to keep it.
3) A pair of black tights, probably large ( I am 5'9" and and about 150). There is no tag inside, so I don't know for sure. There is a good chance they were never worn, but I don't know for sure. I don't need four pairs of black tights, so these are out the door -->
4) A pair of patterned purple tights. The pattern. are lines that run vertically and look like stitching. I believe these are large as well, and I know they have never been worn. Purple is my favorite color, but I never had the right skirt or was never brave enough to wear them.
5) A pair of black patterned tights. They are GNW (Fred Meyer) size 3. The pattern is lines about 1/4" apart. I don't remember wearing them, but they have some pills on them.
6) THE BONUS...A pair of super soft thick (like a sweater) pair of grey tights. They have no tag, but I am sure they are a medium. They, too, have lines about 1/4" apart. Like a pinstripe, but not a different color.
As always, if you see anything you can't live without, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will gladly ship the item to a happy new home :)