Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Brought to you by the letter B

B as in BORING!!  Today's purge is definitely yawn worthy, and I will not be hurt if you don't make it past the picture. In my life as a domestic goddess, I sweep, vacuum, do laundry, and dust. Exciting, huh!? So, as I was perfecting my goddess qualities, things leaped into my arms begging for their 15 minutes of internet fame...Who am I to squelch the dreams of various random and useless items I have held hostage for too many years? One item might even be considered an antique, lol.

On a completely unrelated topic, I have an interview Thursday morning for a long-term sub position. I am a little excited and a lot nervous. This will be my first interview since earning my teaching certificate!!

Okay, back to the boring purge. Three items are from y bedroom, and two are from the kitchen.

1) A 5 1/4" floppy disk. Ok, ok, maybe I exaggerated when I said it might be considered an antique. However, the real question is why the heck do I still have this, when I haven't had a computer with a floppy drive in about 10 years?

2) A program from the Lower Columbia College 2007 Scholarship Social. I kept it because yours truly received two scholarships, and having my name in print was pretty dang exciting. Yeah, I'm over it now, it's been 7 years and I've gotten two degrees since then.

3) A new in the package phone cover (with Van Gogh's Starry Night on it) for a Samsung Galaxy. It was an incredibly thoughtful gift from my daughter because she knows that is my favorite painting. Alas, I own a Galaxy S II, which the cover does not fit :( It cannot be returned because she bought it from a foreign seller on Etsy.

4) A Christmas tin that up until Sunday housed a delicious fruitcake. No, that is not sarcasm, I love fruitcake!!

5) Another Christmas tin that had homemade treats in it.

The only item I am willing to ship is the phone cover. The tins are going to The Red Hat and the program and floppy disk will be recycled. I know they're not the greatest items, but not every purge is is going to be good stuff. I even debated on whether to take a picture of today's stuff. In the end I did, just in case someone wants the phone cover.

Shoot me an email if you want the phone cover. My email is penelopesamuel@gmail.com Thanks, and see you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment