Saturday, January 19, 2013

Friday ( A Day Late)

Good Morning!

As most of you know I usually do my daily blog update in the late evening. Yesterday that was not possible. I do want announce, for the record, that I had my five things chosen prior to midnight, I just was unable to do the blog post!

Yesterday was a long work day, and I was looking forward to coming home, putting on jammies, and staying home! "Not so" said the forces outside of my control. My honey's mom and step-dad had decided the weather was clear enough that they could make the drive over the pass to see Jeff on his birthday (today). So after work I came home, showered and we headed to the most amazing Italian restaurant ever (Vinnie's in Ridgefield, WA.). Jeff had invited another couple before he knew his mom and step-dad were coming to town. This is where it starts to go downhill...The other couple managed to get on the freeway before us, which was a mixed blessing. There was an accident involving a couple of semis that closed two lanes of southbound traffic, which they called and told us about. So, we took the back roads to our destination...did I mention I get carsick? Not just queasy carsick, but violently carsick :( It is so bad I can get carsick when I drive on a windy, curvy road!) So yeah, the road was awful, Jeff had to pull over twice, although I didn't end up vomiting, all I felt comfortable eating was a green salad and some bread sticks. And, I brought home Tiramisu :)

By the time we home it was 11:00 p.m., and I was still not feeling well. Jeff wanted me to go to bed immediately, but I, being a little obsessive, argued that I had to find my purge and do my blog post. He said, "Oh no you don't!" So, we compromised without him knowing ;) I found the five items, threw them on the dining room table, and then went to bed.

So, here I am on Saturday morning, doing last night's blog post! Last night's selection process was a grab-and-go mission with equates to an odd assortment of treasures..

In case you were wondering, I feel 100% after a good night's sleep :) So here is yesterday's top 5...

1) A super cute soft pink long-sleeved jacket by Spiegel. It is 97% cotton and 3% spandex. It is a size 10. It is very feminine with ruffles and pleating down the front. It has two pockets in the front and the sleeves have  slits at the wrist. I almost changed my mind about this, but after rationalizing...I had forgotten I had it, and I couldn't ever remembering wearing it, I stood firm and ousted it!!

2) A ziploc baggie with  a chucnk of fabric in it. I will give this to my quilter friend :)

3) A pair of glasses (my last prescription) I kept them as a spare pair, but it makes me ill to wear them! I will donate these to the Kiwanas since they collect them.

4) A Hemp jewelry pattern/instruction book. It has instructions for 28 different jewelry designs. I bought it for my daughter when she was making friendship bracelets from embroidery floss. She never really got into the hemp, so away it goes.

5) A random bunch of paper stuff I don't need any longer, so it will go into the recycle bin.

See you later tonight :) Fair warning -- I plan to conquer the drawer in my nightstand, so tonight's purge may be very very boring!

If you see anything you can't live without, shoot me an email at penelopesamuel@gmail.com! Thanks for reading. Knowing I have readers is a huge motivator and support for my endeavor!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Penelope, I am a new reader, having found you as a recent devotee to the non-consumer facebook site and blog. I am happy to have found someone with a penchant for purging (and not in the Lifetime movie/after school special sense!). In viewing your profile, we are the same age, and there are other similarities. Good luck with your noble endeavor. I look forward to your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nicole! It's nice to meet you. Thanks for your support and encouragement :) What I've learned from Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook page and blog has changed my life for the better, and I am so grateful. I am looking forward to my journey as well. It's only been 20 days, but I feel stronger and more liberated already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penelope!
    I just found your blog through the non-consumer advocate on Facebook. This is awesome! We are planning to move in 2-3 years to a MUCH smaller house so, I too, am purging and downsizing. I figure if I start now, I may be ready in 2-3 years! Love your blog and will become a regular reader for sure! If you still have that hemp jewelry booklet, I'd love to take it off your hands! (so much for downsizing!) Let me know please.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll gladly send you the hemp jewelry instructions. Just email your name and mailing address to me at penelopesamuel@gmail.com I think 2-3 years is plenty of time to de-clutter and get ready for your big move! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete