As most of you know I usually do my daily blog update in the late evening. Yesterday that was not possible. I do want announce, for the record, that I had my five things chosen prior to midnight, I just was unable to do the blog post!
Yesterday was a long work day, and I was looking forward to coming home, putting on jammies, and staying home! "Not so" said the forces outside of my control. My honey's mom and step-dad had decided the weather was clear enough that they could make the drive over the pass to see Jeff on his birthday (today). So after work I came home, showered and we headed to the most amazing Italian restaurant ever (Vinnie's in Ridgefield, WA.). Jeff had invited another couple before he knew his mom and step-dad were coming to town. This is where it starts to go downhill...The other couple managed to get on the freeway before us, which was a mixed blessing. There was an accident involving a couple of semis that closed two lanes of southbound traffic, which they called and told us about. So, we took the back roads to our destination...did I mention I get carsick? Not just queasy carsick, but violently carsick :( It is so bad I can get carsick when I drive on a windy, curvy road!) So yeah, the road was awful, Jeff had to pull over twice, although I didn't end up vomiting, all I felt comfortable eating was a green salad and some bread sticks. And, I brought home Tiramisu :)
By the time we home it was 11:00 p.m., and I was still not feeling well. Jeff wanted me to go to bed immediately, but I, being a little obsessive, argued that I had to find my purge and do my blog post. He said, "Oh no you don't!" So, we compromised without him knowing ;) I found the five items, threw them on the dining room table, and then went to bed.
So, here I am on Saturday morning, doing last night's blog post! Last night's selection process was a grab-and-go mission with equates to an odd assortment of treasures..
In case you were wondering, I feel 100% after a good night's sleep :) So here is yesterday's top 5...
1) A super cute soft pink long-sleeved jacket by Spiegel. It is 97% cotton and 3% spandex. It is a size 10. It is very feminine with ruffles and pleating down the front. It has two pockets in the front and the sleeves have slits at the wrist. I almost changed my mind about this, but after rationalizing...I had forgotten I had it, and I couldn't ever remembering wearing it, I stood firm and ousted it!!
2) A ziploc baggie with a chucnk of fabric in it. I will give this to my quilter friend :)
3) A pair of glasses (my last prescription) I kept them as a spare pair, but it makes me ill to wear them! I will donate these to the Kiwanas since they collect them.
4) A Hemp jewelry pattern/instruction book. It has instructions for 28 different jewelry designs. I bought it for my daughter when she was making friendship bracelets from embroidery floss. She never really got into the hemp, so away it goes.
5) A random bunch of paper stuff I don't need any longer, so it will go into the recycle bin.
If you see anything you can't live without, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thanks for reading. Knowing I have readers is a huge motivator and support for my endeavor!