Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Funday

First off, those of you found me via The Non-Consumer Advocate on Facebook and read my recent post requesting a pep talk, I am happy to say I haven't visited the stamp site in over 24 hours and am 100% sure I will NOT buy the rubber stamps! All of your non-consumerisms gave me much food for thought and helped me realize I have no need for more rubber stamps. So thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Today was a great day and full of blessings and love! I had my precious grandson today. He is about 14 months old and has discovered the joys of mobility! He kept me on my toes the entire time he was here, and I loved every minute of it :) Do you remember, from an earlier post, that I gave a lady from my church a box of pansy fabric? Well, today, she presented me with a beautiful handmade apron made with some of the fabric. It is reversible and has a lovely scalloped edge. Finally, my daughter's boyfriend brought me a thank you gift ( a fresh flower arrangement she made) from his mother ( I made her some Almond Roca and a handmade card for her birthday).

Today, my friend who makes jewelry was supposed to come over and paw through my stash. Unfortunately her daughter got sick at the last minute and she had to cancel :( So, I bagged up what I was positive I didn't want and combined the rest into two dishes on my dresser leaving me with an extra pretty plate to purge.

Today's purge is pretty random. Between my daily Sunday routine and my grandson's visit, I didn't have a lot of time to think about what I might want to purge. So, it was a grab-n-go kind of process!

1) A 45" square 100% polyester scarf. The pattern looks abstract, but if you look closely the black lines are safety pins. It has pale pink, red, fuchsia, magenta, green, yellow, blue, and white in it. I love the colors, but I've never worn it and have other scarves I would rather wear.

2) A piece of vintage drapery fabric with pansies on it. The piece measures approximately 60X28. I have it because it has pansies on it. I'll never do anything with it, and I don't want to throw it away.

3) A Simplicity pattern for girls' loungewear, sizes 7,8,10,12,14,16. I bought it at a garage sale, never used it, never gonna use, gonna get rid of it :)

4) A lovely plate in the "Wild Rose" pattern. The back of the plate says Schuzmann Arzberg Germany and Golden Crown E&R 1886 Wild Rose

5) A faux gold and pearl ring. I believe it is a size 7, but I could be and probably am wrong. The box is for display purposes only.

Alrighty folks! That's it for tonight. You know the drill -- if you want it email me at penelopesamuel@gmail.com. See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment