I do believe I am finding my decluttering groove in the my bedroom! When I moved in almost six years ago, Jeff (my fiance) allotted me a dresser drawer. Sometime later, he allotted me a second dresser drawer. They are both overflowing...I should backtrack a little.
Our house is roughly 900 sq. ft., which means there is not a lot of storage space. Jeff and I share a small closet and the dresser. There is no room for another dresser, which is probably a good thing! Clutter stresses me out, but...not as much as trying to decide what treasured (not!) belongings to part with. I'm not sure where this line of thinking came from, or when I started thinking like this. Although, I am pretty sure it is connected to my past life as devoted (crazed) garage saler! If something is a good deal, I can rationalize buying, storing, and keeping it indefinitely. This is not a good thing.
I feel like this project chose me. The original premise of the 365 project is artistic in nature. A way to get your creative juice flowing; A way to push you outside of your creative comfort zone. My first plan was to draw/create a bird every day because I love birds, and I love the artistic learning process. As the end of the year came closer, I knew I needed to commit to a project. Come January 1st, I needed to know exactly what I was going to do. I truly believe the non-consumer advocate influenced my willingness to accept the project, and I'm grateful I listened.
I know it's only been 10 days since I've started my project, but each day strengthens my commitment to the project and empowers me to continue. In 10 days, I have found 50 things I didn't need or want and donated them. It is a great feeling!
Okay, on to the actual goods for today's purge. I am still working in my bedroom, and as I mentioned in the first sentence -- before I digressed -- tackling my dresser drawers. I wear a lot of camisoles and cardigans, so my dresser drawer is full of camisoles. Of course, many of these camisoles I received as hand-me-downs. I decided if I hadn't worn it in year, and I was making excuses for not wearing but wanting to keep it...it needed to go!
So, you guessed it! Today's purge is five camisoles, and a totally unrelated bag of old prescriptions.
1) A medium sage green cotton cami with lace at the top and bottom. It has adjustable straps and is very comfortable, but I haven't worn it in over a year.
2) A small white cotton cami with lace at the top and bottom. The straps are also lace. It is by necessitees and is made in the USA!
3) A small black nylon/spandex cami with lace at the top and bottom. It also has adjustable straps. It is made my White House/Black Market in the USA!
4) Same as # 3, only in white :)
5) same as #2, only in brown :)
6) A bag of old prescriptions that will be going to local police station because they have a program to dispose of them properly
As always, items 1-5 are free for the asking! I will gladly ship them to you at my expense. The most important thing to me is that they are going somewhere they are needed :)