Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy Friday!!

Today was a long day, so I am warning you in advance...today's purge is pretty boring! I worked all day and then came home and cleaned up before heading to a memorial. I wasn't close with the person but she was family (on my fiance's side), and I really liked her and her always cheerful disposition. Every time some I know loses their mother, I am reminded of my own mother's death when I was 26. It's been 20 years, but I still miss her smile, wisdom, unconditional love, and essence. My daughter recently turned 18, which was a huge relief for me. Not because I don't want to be responsible for her, but now, if I were to die unexpectedly, she would not have to move to Alaska and live with her father. I have nothing against her father, but she has been in this community since birth and a move of that magnitude would cause a great deal of stress and anguish. Alright, enough of this doom and gloom! Let's get to the purging!!

I am still working on one of my two dresser drawers. It's amazing how much stuff you can fit in a small space when you think you need 10 of everything :/

Today's purge is brought to you by fatigue and disbelief! I cannot believe how much stuff I have continued to hold onto...

1) A white cotton, size medium, hooded lightweight long-sleeved shirt. Styled like a sweatshirt, but much more lightweight. It has  the little pouch in the front and is in perfect condition. White is not my color for many different reasons...#1 being no matter how careful I am, I spill food/drink on white clothes when I wear them.

2) 4 medium tank tops, Italian tuxedos, and a pejorative term I refuse to type here! Three are blue (different shades) and one is black. They were worn often, but are still in excellent condition. I am purging them because I have five Tye-dyed (by me) tank tops and a couple of grey ones.

3) A Breathe brand racer back work out tank top. It is polyester, and a size small or medium. It is very colorful (as you can see) and in perfect condition :) It was a hand-me-down and purple is my favorite color, but I already have plenty of workout clothes.


I know the list only has three items, but the tank tops counted individually bring the item count up to SIX!!! I wouldn't want any of my loyal followers and readers to think I was trying to cheat :)

As always, if anything here tickles your fancy, shoot me an email at penelopesamuel@gmail.com or leave a comment. It's first come/first serve, although if there is high interest in multiples of something I may ask you to share :) I am happy to ship my purge to a happy new home!

Have a great weekend, friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment