Monday, January 21, 2013

More Clothes Monday

I am in denial about the purging that needs to be done under the bed! When it came time to find today's purge, I didn't even look toward the bottom of the bed. I instead chose to tackle the half of the built-in that's mine. I have a lot of hooded sweatshirts...but but but they're included in the race entry fee...this is true, but I don't have to keep them all! What I really need to do, is sign up for a race so I can get a new sweatshirt :)

I think I may be nearing the end of my purging time in the bedroom. All I really have left is under the bed, and that is mostly boxes of framed pictures. I am going to take the pictures out of the frames and put them into albums. Our house is so small there is no room to display all the framed pictures I have, and the boxes have been under the bed for almost 6 years.

I've noticed the number of page views has dropped. I expected that. I don't read the blogs I follow every single day, and they are much more interesting than mine :) And, maybe, you are getting bored with my singular focus on my bedroom. It made me a little sad when I saw the drop in page views, but then I reminded myself why I took on this project -- Not for you, for me. For my peace of mind, my stress relief, my tidier home, my sharing of my excess, and my personal growth.

This blog will not look the same at the end of the year as it does now. My home will not look the same. My views of "stuff" will not be the same. It's about growth, my growth. And, if along the way you grow from reading my blog, then we are both blessed.  On that note, let's get to the stuff...

1) A maroon hooded sweatshirt from when I was the poetry editor of The Salmon Creek Journal, Washington State University Vancouver's literary and arts journal.

2) A purple hooded sweatshirt from a Valentine run I did two years ago. Believe it or not, I did the run because I wanted the purple sweatshirt HA!

3) A grey "Lifeguard" sweatshirt. Standard fare from a beach trip. I am lucky to live an hour away from the Pacific Ocean!!

4) A pair of plaid lightweight pajama pants, size XS. These are too lightweight for me even in the summer!

5) A pair of lightweight pajama shorts, size S. These are also too lightweight for me.



Remember! If you see anything you want, just shoot me an email at penelopesamuel@gmail.com I will gladly ship to you at no cost.

Thanks for checking in! Hopefully, I'll find more interesting things to purge soon :)

10 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog (almost) daily. You are a huge inspiration and I too have begun purging the overwhelming and unnecessary things from my life. I don't do 5 a day, I do more like 20 in one day and then nothing else for a week or two! I am working on it though! Thanks for all the updates and I am always interested to see what you have found to get rid of and whether I have any similar items...Also, I received the tights you sent and my daughter was thrilled. Thank you again......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your daughter loves the tights :) Thanks for your encouragement and support. I'm glad you've been inspired to de-clutter! It really is quite liberating :)

      Delete
  2. I view your blog every day! Found you from the non consumer group on Facebook, and you have motivated me to declutter !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for the support, and I'm glad you've been motivated by my project :)

      Delete
    2. It's an awesome feeling. I took a box to GW yet again, with 2 more to go on Saturday !

      Delete
    3. Yay! It is an awesome feeling :) When I drop my bags off, it is as if a huge weight is lifted from my shoulders and mind! Keep up the good work!!

      Delete
  3. I have a friend who teaches English and anthropology at WSU-Vancouver :-) We were in grad school together at PSU back in the 90s. Anyway, enjoying your blog and seeing how your process unfolds for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet I would know your friend :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. I'm here too and just want to say that your blog is a great help to my own decluttering process. And who's to say what is interesting....I love it that your night stand contents sounded a lot like mine and that we all have stuff under the bed. I enjoy your process because it reminds me that 5 things (or even one thing) make a difference...and that we all have reasons for what we purge or keep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words :) It really is a process, sometimes an uncomfortable one. I am learning new things about myself every day, but it is good to be outside your comfort zone!

      Delete