Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sweet, Peaceful Sunday

What a glorious day!! I accomplished 11 of the 15 things on my to-do list with a minimal amount of stress :) And...many of you have emailed and commented to tell me of your own successes at decluttering, which warms my heart and keeps me purging.

I never dreamed my project and blog would inspire others. The original pupose of the blog was to keep me accountable to myself. I knew if my project were public (so to speak) I would be more likely to stick with it. Public failure is not an option for me, and I am sure I will be humbled for stating it :/

My purging is having an interesting effect that I did not expect...every time I go on the hunt for stuff to purge I get mad at myself. I am mad that I drug all this stuff home. I am mad that it has some kind of power over me :( I am mad that I can't see a noticeable difference in my home (well, except for the top of the bookcases where the CDs were).

There are times I want to box EVERYTHING up, rent a truck, and haul it away. Start fresh with a clutter free home and not buy a darn thing that isn't necessary!

One of my long-term goals is to get rid of many more books and have empty space in my bookshelves. This will be arduous task and a momentous accomplishment. See, I'm thinking positive, prediciting the accomplishment of this goal.

So onto today's craptastic purge...trust me it's nothing special, lol!

1) A folder full of scholarly articles from one of my grad school classes

2) 5 super short, stubby colored pencils. Yes, I know stubby was redundant, but I wanted to make sure you could visualize just how short these pencils are ;)

3) A rubber band ball about the size of a grapefruit. It was my son's, I doubt he remembers I have it, and I am tired of looking at it!

4) a bunch of magazines I took from the free rack at the library, brought home and put on my coffee table, and haven't touched since then :(

5) Two huge sheets of art paper that had water damage.

I feel like an idiot after I re-read the list of items I am purging! Who keeps stuff like this? Really? I am sure I am a canidate for some sad reality TV show. Let's see...what would it be called? Something like, You Have What In Your House? or You Saved What...for How Many Years? 

Anyway, you know the rest of the spiel...If you see anything you want, which I doubt you will, email me at penelopesamuel@gmail.com. I will gladly ship at my expense :)

Remember...I probably won't post again until next weekend, most likely Sunday. Thursday is my birthday and my daughter purchased my husband and I a night at the beach :) We are leaving Friday after I am done with school and will be back Saturday afternoon :) I cannot wait!!!!!!

2 comments: